Translator

These jokes are of an unknown origin. Feel free to submit corrections or add to the list. I will edit when possible, to improve the flow and correct errors.

Monday, May 18, 2009

UN Poetry Comp winner

A delightful little piece, supposedly nominated by the UN as the winning entry in a poetry competition for African children.

I suspect it was written by an American adult with a normal level of English syntax so as to appear to have been written by an African child. The humour is too complex for a child with English as a second language and the punch line sounds like an American urban black. - from Mark Kennedy of 2GB


When I born, I black.
When I grow up, I black.
When I go in sun, I black.
When I cold, I black.
When I scared, I black.
When I sick, I black.
And when I die, I still black.
You white folks...
When you born, you pink.
When you grow up, you white.
When you go in sun, you red.
When you cold, you blue.
When you scared, you yellow.
When you sick, you green.
When you bruised, you purple.
And when you die, you gray.
So who YOU callin' C O L O R E D ??
===
Obama writes poetry - ed.

Blog Archive